Controlling location of dimension text in a rotated viewport

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by sbartleet, Jul 13, 2004.

1. sbartleet

sbartleet Guest

Hi,

I am having a problem with dimension text being displayed upside down in paperspace where I have a rotated viewport.
    This problem can be represented as follows:
    Draw a square in world UCS in model space
    Dimension two adjacent sides.
    The dimension text is places such that it is correctly viewed from the bottom and the right of the page.
    Create a viewport in Paper space
    Rotate the view in the viewport by 180° (Dview., Twist, 180)
    The one dimension text is now upside down.

This problem can be overcome by creating a UCS to match the proposed viewport twist and then creating the dimensions in this UCS. Unfortunately this requires that all dimensions are deleted and recreated in the correct UCS. And if the rotation angle of the viewport is ever changed the dimensions have to be deleted and recreated again.

Is there a way to tell existing dimensions which UCS they belong to? I can't find any property in the dimension property dialog that relates to this.

Does this dimension property exist at any level? Can it be changed programmatically using VBA (or lisp)? Or do I have to create a routine that loops through all dimensions, reads the salient properties and creates a new dimension in the correct UCS?

See post at http://groups.google.com/groups?q=&rnum=17
    for more infor of what I have tried

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sean Bartleet

sbartleet, Jul 13, 2004
Ask a Question