Communication center

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by orionpt, Mar 15, 2005.

1. orionpt

orionpt Guest

Does anyone know why when I use communication center in Ver 9 I always get a "Unable to connect to server" messge? My internet connect is fine (works with the dwf viewer update). Thank you.

orionpt, Mar 15, 2005
  2. orionpt

Len Rafuse Guest

I never used it before but it worked OK when I did. It told me my AS 9
    was upto date and there was no additional info.

Len Rafuse, Mar 15, 2005
  3. orionpt

Gadget Guest

Works fine for me too: not that it's worth looking at - a brilliant idea for updates and passing on tips & tricks. Pity Autodesk haven't pluged it in at their end.

Gadget, Mar 16, 2005
  4. orionpt

orionpt Guest

Thank you all for responding. I am using Win XP Pro SP2 and have no other firewall software, but I still cannot get com center to connect.

orionpt, Mar 16, 2005
  5. orionpt

BrianD Guest

I’m running WinXP SP2 and can’t get the Communication Center to work either.

I’ve turned off the Windows Firewall and uninstalled all other firewall software. But still can’t get the Communication Center to work.

The only thing I haven’t tried yet is removing my Linksys Router from my cable modem connection to see if the Network Address Translation (NAT) feature of the router is causing the problem. The IP address that the router uses to communicate over the Internet is different from the IP address the computer uses to communicate with the router. No ports are blocked in the router.

In my configuration it’s a lot of time and hassle to reroute the patch cables and reboot everything to run my computer directly off the cable modem using the real IP address provided by the cable company rather then the IP I use on my private network.

Since it is only the Communication Center that isn’t working I turned off the Live Update Feature to get rid of the pop-up error message that the Communication Center was “Unable to connect to serverâ€.

If you have a Router, try removing it and attach your computer directly to your cable or DSL connection to see if it fixes the problem.

BrianD, Mar 17, 2005
Ask a Question