Circles on imported .dwg

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by RBLeggat, Dec 10, 2004.

1. RBLeggat

RBLeggat Guest

I am opening .dwg files created in AutoCAD into Auto Sketch. There are circles all over the drawing that I would like to remove. They are group with the building drawing (independent of the dimensional grid) and can not be deleted without deleting the drawing. While opening the file I get a notice that the 3D entities are being flattened. When I view the original dwg in AutoCAD using a co-worker's computer I don't see any 3D entities. Please advise.

RBLeggat, Dec 10, 2004
  2. RBLeggat

Gadget Guest

A "Group" in AS can be "exploded" into it's individual parts. If this group contained groups, then the second level will still be grouped and have to be exploded again.
    If you explode the "drawing" you refer to, you should be able to select and delete the circles.

Opening a DWG file always pops up that message about flatening 3D objects (or it does for me) - I think that it's just part of the translation programming: since ACAD has a true z axis that every point can be assigned to, when exporting it sets the z coordinate to zero. When importing it removes the z coordinate (hence flattening the image)
    ... well, that's my take on it anyway - I could be wrong.

Gadget, Dec 10, 2004
Ask a Question