Chain line for explode view

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by James Liew, Feb 16, 2004.

1. James Liew

James Liew Guest

Hi!!

I am creating an exploding view on the assembly.
    i'll need to draw chain line to indicate the exploded component route to the
    main assembling in the drw.

How should i start on drawing the chain line??

Regards

James Liew, Feb 16, 2004
  2. James Liew

David Janes Guest

: Hi!!
    :
    : I am creating an exploding view on the assembly.
    : i'll need to draw chain line to indicate the exploded component route to the
    : main assembling in the drw.
    :
    : How should i start on drawing the chain line??
    :
    First, two questions:

Are you using Wildfire? If so, I can tell you how to do it exactly. You go into
    the View Manager, select the Explode tab, click New. Or perhaps you already have
    the new explode state set up and named and you just want to know about chain
    lines. I can explain that too, but for Wildfire.

Are you having problems creating the explode state? do you have a license for
    Advanced Assembly, the module that provides explode state functionality? If so,
    then you need to create an explode state, with the components moved to their
    'exploded' position. If they are no longer aligned, you need to create the chain
    lines by indicating parallel axes or planes or edges from which the offset will be
    shown. Again, how you do this depends on the rev of the software you are using.
    After that, it is a fairly simple matter to include this in a drawing with
    'Insert>View>General>Exploded'. This will give you a choice of either the default
    explode or your named explode state, then ask you for an orientation.

David Janes

David Janes, Feb 18, 2004
Ask a Question