can't show radial axis

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by Jason Luhavalja, Jan 28, 2004.

1. I am using ProE 2000i and when I create a sketched radial hole, the drawing
    shows the diameter dimension but not the axis for the bolt circle it is on.
    It however does shown the bolt circle axis when the hole is patterned
    (probably from the drawing .dtl file option "radial_pattern_axis_circle
    YES"). Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Jason

Jason Luhavalja, Jan 28, 2004
  2. Jason Luhavalja

David Janes Guest

: I am using ProE 2000i and when I create a sketched radial hole, the drawing
    : shows the diameter dimension but not the axis for the bolt circle it is on.
    : It however does shown the bolt circle axis when the hole is patterned
    : (probably from the drawing .dtl file option "radial_pattern_axis_circle
    : YES"). Any ideas?
    : Thanks
    : Jason
    :
    :
    It is a puzzler because you actually pick an axis at the center of the bolt circle
    diameter/radius. This is the radius that must show. The problem may be that it
    must pre-exist the radial hole, either as a product of creating say a cylindrical
    protrusion or of creating a hole or of creating a separate datum axis. In other
    words, this axis is not part of your radial hole, patterned or not. It will have
    to be shown separately. In the 'Show' menu, select the axis icon and do 'By View'
    and pick the view where you want the axis shown. That should show it, if there's
    one there. One other thing: the options 'radial_pattern_axis_circle' is supposed
    to show the dashed line so that a diameter/radius for the bolt circle may be
    shown. It actually has nothing to do with the axis at the center of the bolt
    circle.

David Janes

David Janes, Jan 29, 2004
Ask a Question