can't insert door symbol

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by setnahkt, Jul 1, 2004.

1. setnahkt

setnahkt Guest

Using AutoSketch v8.0 Build 23 under Windows XP Pro 2002 SP1

I usually can't insert a door symbol, getting the error message "Can't insert symbol because segment is too small". This happens regardless how long the line, polyline, polygon etc. is - it can be 100 miles long and a 36" door still won't insert. Sometimes I can find a line where the door will insert, which has no apparent difference from any other line in the drawing. I can copy that line to somewhere else, try a door insertion, and get the same "Can't insert symbol..." message. Any ideas?

setnahkt, Jul 1, 2004
  2. setnahkt

Paul Jackson Guest

Use "Symbol point" rather than "insert symbol", plus the appropriate snap
    mode such as "J"ump Snap or "N"earest.

Paul

insert symbol because segment is too small". This happens regardless how
    long the line, polyline, polygon etc. is - it can be 100 miles long and a
    36" door still won't insert. Sometimes I can find a line where the door will
    insert, which has no apparent difference from any other line in the drawing.
    I can copy that line to somewhere else, try a door insertion, and get the
    same "Can't insert symbol..." message. Any ideas?

Paul Jackson, Jul 8, 2004
  3. setnahkt

setnahkt Guest

With a door symbol, "symbol point" just attaches the symbol to the line at the specified point. "Symbol insert" (when it works) attaches the door symbol, then asks for a direction so you can put the door on either side of the wall, then finally cuts a channel in the line equal to the door width. However, I'm usually getting the "Cannot insert symbol because segment is too small" error.

setnahkt, Jul 8, 2004
Ask a Question