Blend

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by Attilio, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Attilio

Attilio Guest

Hi, I have problem to create a simple blend like a pyramid, in which number
    of vertex of second section is not the same of the second one. Can you help
    me?

Attilio, Feb 18, 2004
  2. Attilio

David Janes Guest

: Hi, I have problem to create a simple blend like a pyramid, in which number
    : of vertex of second section is not the same of the second one. Can you help
    : me?
    :
    Attilio:
    You will be blending to a point as your second or last section. After you've
    togged the section ('Sketch>Feature tools>Toggle Section'), you can create a
    sketcher point. In the same menu with 'Toggle section' is another feature tool
    called 'Blend vertex'. You can use this to blend 2 or more vertices to a single
    one.

David Janes

David Janes, Feb 18, 2004
  3. Attilio

John Wade Guest

You can use 'divide' in geom tools to break entities into more elements so
    you have the same number in each section, or, if the sections are 'smooth'
    (consist entirely of tangent entities) you can create approximate composite
    curves through them, which only have 1 element, although you have to make
    sure the start point and direction of each one is somewhere comparible or
    your resulting sections will look like a corkscrew on acid.

John Wade, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Attilio

Attilio Guest

I try to do it, but when I choose "parallel section" it says that "number of
    entities must be equals" and when I choose "general section" the section
    Feature Tools is not active.
    It's so difficult to create a pyramid?
    Thank you for your attention.

Attilio, Feb 20, 2004
  5. Attilio

David Janes Guest

: I try to do it, but when I choose "parallel section" it says that "number of
    : entities must be equals" and when I choose "general section" the section
    : Feature Tools is not active.
    : It's so difficult to create a pyramid?

No, only when your 'instructor' fucks you up. My apologies. No 'blend vertex' in
    this case. So, the correct way to create a pyramid:

Create a Blend, Parallel blend, regular section, sketch section, okay. Sketch the
    square for the first section. Go to 'Feature tools' and Toggle section. Sketch the
    point. Done sketch. Then it wants to know the distance between sections (height of
    pyramid); give it a number or accept the default. Done and ta dah, there's your
    pyramid. You can always blend to a point when it is the only geometry in your last
    section. This also works with a swept blend. Blend vertex is for those situations
    where you wish to blend 5 sides to 4 sides to 3 sides, etc. Two vertices of the 5
    sided figure must blend to a single vertex of the 4 sided figure which is the
    blend vertex. Same with 4 to 3.

David Janes

David Janes, Feb 21, 2004
  6. Attilio

Attilio Guest

That's OK, now it's clear.
    And if I wish to create a second section with a line, like a roof ?

Attilio, Feb 21, 2004
  7. Attilio

David Janes Guest

: That's OK, now it's clear.
    : And if I wish to create a second section with a line, like a roof ?
    :
    You can add many sections between the first square section and the point to which
    the four sides blend ~ larger sections, smaller sections, polygonal sections,
    spline geometry sections. The only condition is that sections after the first have
    the same number of vertices. So, as I mentioned before, if you go from a section
    with a larger number of vertices to one with a smaller number of vertices, you
    must do as John Wade's message suggested ~ break the geometry some place to add a
    vertex. If you are blending to a section with a larger number of vertices, you
    must use the 'Blend vertex' to get the number of vertices to agree from one
    section to the next, the last being the section with the single point. The last
    condition of successful blends is that the start points somewhat line up since the
    first operation in creating the blend is to connect the start points (the zero
    points) of each section and then, to connect the subsequent points numbered, in
    each section, as 1,2,3, etc. If the 'Straight' type was selected, straight lines
    are drawn, from section to section, connecting like numbered points. If the
    'Smooth' type was selected, splines are drawn. Using these lines, section geometry
    is blended.

David Janes

David Janes, Feb 22, 2004
Ask a Question