Bits gone missing

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by dwk, Aug 17, 2003.

1. dwk

dwk Guest

I spent ages working on a drawing, which I duly saved before quitting the program (Autosketch 7). When I opened the drawing to carry on with it, a message said there are some 3D effects in the drawing which are not being shown, and a large chunk of the drawing is no longer being displayed. There were in fact no 3D items in the drawing (unless I converted elements to 3D without realising). The missing bits were drawn using the fitted curve tool. Is there any way of getting back the missing parts of the drawing, please? Thanks

dwk, Aug 17, 2003
  2. dwk

dwk Guest

Hi Paul

I've looked and everything was ticked except curve points and page tiling. Have ticked these but still no luck.

I re-drew the missing bits using the 3 point arc tool. When I opened the drawing the next day, after saving the drawing and closing the program the previous day, these bits were missing again !!

Heelp !!

dwk, Aug 18, 2003
  3. dwk

res0vmii Guest

I've had the same thing happen, a number of times. My only salvation has
    been that I also have AutoSketch 8 and am able to open the file with all
    parts of the drawing present. I am mystified by this.

JWG
    "dwk" <d.kilpatrick> wrote in message I spent ages working on a drawing, which I duly saved before quitting the
    program (Autosketch 7). When I opened the drawing to carry on with it, a
    message said there are some 3D effects in the drawing which are not being
    shown, and a large chunk of the drawing is no longer being displayed. There
    were in fact no 3D items in the drawing (unless I converted elements to 3D
    without realising). The missing bits were drawn using the fitted curve tool.
    Is there any way of getting back the missing parts of the drawing, please?
    Thanks

res0vmii, Aug 24, 2003
Ask a Question