AutoSketch9 Help

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by george j santana, Dec 22, 2004.

1. I'm new to CAD in general and would like some assistance with two items:

Flow charting:
    1) I would like to use AutoSketch 9 for flow charting. I've used Visio for this in the past and was wondering if AutoSketch has some basic ease of use features similar to what Visio has.
    For example, how do you add text to a flow chart entity such as a rectangle process block or a triangular decision block. With Visio you just drop and type.
    2) Is there a simple way to link the entities? Again with Visio you just you just click within the two objects to link and your done.

Can anyone recommend a good workbook style book to learn Autosketch 9, I've search and there really isn't much out there for the product. They only include a getting started guide and no users guide. I was able to download the users guide for version 8 but it's not what I was looking for.

Thanks for any feedback you give and happy holidays!

george j santana, Dec 22, 2004
  2. george j  santana

Ric Norris Guest

AutoSketch/QuickCAD is useless for flow charting....it is not intelligent enough for that purpose and requires far too much set-up (symbol creation for starters) plus excessive user input/production.

Stick with Visio as flowcharting is what it's good at at.....it is not a CAD program.

Ric Norris.
    http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings

I'm new to CAD in general and would like some assistance with two items:

Flow charting:
    1) I would like to use AutoSketch 9 for flow charting. I've used Visio for this in the past and was wondering if AutoSketch has some basic ease of use features similar to what Visio has.
    For example, how do you add text to a flow chart entity such as a rectangle process block or a triangular decision block. With Visio you just drop and type.
    2) Is there a simple way to link the entities? Again with Visio you just you just click within the two objects to link and your done.

Can anyone recommend a good workbook style book to learn Autosketch 9, I've search and there really isn't much out there for the product. They only include a getting started guide and no users guide. I was able to download the users guide for version 8 but it's not what I was looking for.

Ric Norris, Dec 23, 2004
  3. george j  santana

Stephen Tall Guest

Another option is to use "Paraben Flowcharter" - it's far superior to AS for
    clowcharting.

Flow charting:
    1) I would like to use AutoSketch 9 for flow charting. I've used Visio for
    this in the past and was wondering if AutoSketch has some basic ease of use
    features similar to what Visio has.
    For example, how do you add text to a flow chart entity such as a
    rectangle process block or a triangular decision block. With Visio you just
    drop and type.
    2) Is there a simple way to link the entities? Again with Visio you just you
    just click within the two objects to link and your done.

Can anyone recommend a good workbook style book to learn Autosketch 9, I've
    search and there really isn't much out there for the product. They only
    include a getting started guide and no users guide. I was able to download
    the users guide for version 8 but it's not what I was looking for.

Stephen Tall, Dec 23, 2004
  4. Ric & Stephen,

Thanks!

I figured as much but was still hoping. I banged out my Visio flow chart yesterday evening in a fraction of the time it would of taken using AutoSketch.

Thanks again!

AutoSketch/QuickCAD is useless for flow charting....it is not intelligent enough for that purpose and requires far too much set-up (symbol creation for starters) plus excessive user input/production.

Stick with Visio as flowcharting is what it's good at at.....it is not a CAD program.

Ric Norris.
    http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings

Flow charting:

george j santana, Dec 23, 2004
  5. Stephen & Ric,

Thanks!

I figured as much but was still hoping. I banged out my Visio flow chart
    yesterday evening in a fraction of the time it would of taken using
    AutoSketch.

Thanks again!

george j santana, Dec 23, 2004
  6. crag_dolomite, Dec 24, 2004
Ask a Question