AutoDesk products issue w/ NetOP

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by quattda, Jan 18, 2005.

1. quattda

quattda Guest

I teach at a high school where I have everyone from beginning board users to 2nd semester Revit & Inventor in the same class period. Starting this year we have Autodesk Design Academy running on all the lab machines (21), In addition, I offer a Pre-engineering coarse in the same room that requires a set of programs that run USB attachable hardware for virtual labs. In order to control, what the kids are doing I am trying out NetOP. I like it a lot (Not surprisingly, the kids don't). However, I cannot get the Autodesk products to work correctly with Policy. I have it set up to "Deny All" programs except the ones I specify. All the other excepted programs seem to work fine (i.e., MS Office applications, MS OS applications, other Non-MS applications) but not the Autodesk applications. If I start an excepted Autodesk program with the policy set to None or All Open the program starts fine and continues to run even if I change the policy to the "Deny All except" option. However, if I have the "Deny All except" option in place first the Autodesk program starts but says that it is blocked by NetOP. I have talked to the NetOP techs and they think there is another executable that is attempting to be run (besides e.g. acad.exe). The one possibility is a licensing check. Does anyone know anything? I am told that if it is an executable it can be dealt with by including it in the exception list. However, if it is a "service" procedure NetOP cannot deal with it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

quattda, Jan 18, 2005
  2. Hi,

ACAD.EXE loads a licensing "helper" app from %temp%\AdskCleanup.0001 (or
    2,3,etc) every time it starts. It gets erased when the program closes.

A few others that have to run would be...
    WSCommCntr1.exe
    AdskScSrv.exe (autodesk licensing service)

You might pick up more clues by searching for those files in the Knowledge
    base.. I seem to remember a few solutions related to them.

Chris

Chris Dodge [Microdesk], Jan 18, 2005
Ask a Question