ASv9 Image moves almost off-window

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by zingher, Sep 24, 2004.

1. zingher

zingher Guest

When I am using ASv9, sometimes the page-image moves almost off-window, so only the bottom edge is visible in the AS window. When I hit <zoom : page>, first the image momentarily becomes properly centered, then again the image moves almost off-window. When this drawing is saved, and ASv9 is closed & reopened, then this situation repeats.
    Since the image contains proprietary information, I canNOT send it to Autodesk.
    This occurs unexpectedly, and I canNOT reliably identify the precursors leading to this. This happened on a number of drawings, in each case after considerable work on the drawing, and might have occurred while I was entering text. I am not an accurate typist, so there is a possibility I may have unintentionally entered a special combination of keys. Also, I am relatively inexperienced with AV in general, and ASv9 in particular, so my usage might be incorrect.
    How can I prevent and counteract this problem?

zingher, Sep 24, 2004
  2. zingher

Ric Norris Guest

Sounds like a hardware issue to me. I would be investigating display &
    mouse drivers. Hot key commands are not saved in the drawing.

Feel free to post a sample file.....at least that would determine whether
    the problem is with your hardware or the file.

Ric Norris.
    http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings

Ric Norris, Sep 24, 2004
  3. zingher

zingher Guest

Rick, Thanks for your response. The HW is an IBM Think T40 running WinXP Pro, all in excellent condition. I have used this steadily & without trouble during over 9 months, using many applications, including ASv8 before a recent upgrade to ASv9. Those applucations used the same display drivers, same mouse drivers, same HW. This suggests these drivers probably are NOT the source of the problem. Particularly since I am an inaccurate typist, it does happen that I ocassionally hit unintended keys or key combinations. Is there some way this could cause this problem? Because of proprietary content, it would be difficult to post the file. Any further suggestions would appreciated.
    With appreciation,
    Arthur Zingher

zingher, Sep 24, 2004
  4. zingher

Ric Norris Guest

I always find it quite amusing that IBM call there machines "Think"
    something or other.....a contradiction in terms in my opinion. Oxymoron is
    a term that comes to mind. I also find that word amusing.....but that's the
    way it goes.

Because of your "proprietary content" and therefore unable to post a file
    for others willing to assist with your problem, it looks like you are pretty
    well up shit creek.

I believe it's a hardware issue.

Ric Norris.
    http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings

Ric Norris, Sep 25, 2004
  5. zingher

Al Lindsay Guest

With regard to the proprietary content, while I understand that you don't
    want to publish any sensitive material, you could edit or delete all references
    as to who it's for and what it does etc, rescale it (as in edit>transform>scale)
    by some peculiar scale, and then post it.

Other than that, the only thing I could suggest is to make a copy of the
    file to play about with. Open the copy and start deleting things and see if the
    problem still occurs. If you suspect it's caused by text, try using the
    Selection Modifier (<ctr M>) to select all the text and delete it. With a bit of
    trial and error you might be able to narrow it down to what item is causing the
    problem.

Al Lindsay

In

Al Lindsay, Sep 25, 2004
Ask a Question