ARC to Line

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by weslleywang, Feb 17, 2004.

1. weslleywang

weslleywang Guest

Hi:
    I like to redraw arc segment in the pline to a lot short line segment. I already found a lot help from this newsgroup. Thanks for all the contributors. Now I still have one question, I want the pline I redraw exactly like the one AutoCAD did. How big the resolution should I go with? I check with VIEWRES, I can not figure it out. also the one in (P)Viewport.ArcSmoothness does make any sense to me. if ArcSmoothness is 200, what should I pick for the include angle for each point I going to add?
    thank you very much if you can point me a right direction

Wes

weslleywang, Feb 17, 2004
  2. weslleywang

bchunky

Try arctolines.com

I have made a .vlx plug-in for this. Please try it out and let me know if it could be improved. It is free for download at the website arctolines.com. Thanks!

bchunky, Dec 2, 2013
  3. weslleywang

Terminator

Wow. How did you manage to find a post from 2004?

So what exactly is arctolines.com anyway? Not sure I want to visit until I learn more.

Terminator, Dec 3, 2013
  4. weslleywang

bchunky

It is just a permanent place for people to get the .vlx from. There is a simple command that will replace an arc with a segmented polyline and there are other commands for replacing all of the arcs in a polyline. You can choose if you want the polyline to go inside of the arc path, on top of the arc path, or outside of the arc path. You can also choose to divide it by length, # of lines, or degrees. I had a job that this would have come in real handy for. By removing all of the arcs from a polyline you can make a wipeout for your block and not have to worry about trimming and extending every time you move it around. I had hundreds of great dynamic blocks and I was bummed I could not easily and quickly make wipeouts for them. The website is nothing special, but I figure what the hell! If I have time maybe I'll learn how to make it cool. I'd like to add some more functionality to the vlx, however I'd like to see what people have to say first. There is also a command that helps you quickly create a set of polylines that represent the silhouette of an item. Once you have done this you can quickly replace the polylines that contain arcs (bulges) with new polylines that can be accepted by the wipeout command.

bchunky, Dec 12, 2013
  5. weslleywang

Terminator

Do you participate in any other AutoCAD Help forums?

I've been told not to load .vlx files in case the originator had something nefarious in mind. Can't be too careful these days.

Terminator, Dec 12, 2013
  6. weslleywang

bchunky

There is nothing "nefarious" in mind. Just trying to share and develop something that might be helpful to others.

bchunky, Dec 12, 2013
  7. weslleywang

Terminator

OK....when I get a chance I'll drop by and see what you have to offer. Thanks.

Terminator, Dec 14, 2013
Ask a Question