Anyone know how to set pagesetup settings from lisp?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by rapidcad, Aug 18, 2003.

1. rapidcad

rapidcad Guest

I've got a setup lisp that we use to pick sheet size and scale to dump in a border. It sets the dimscale within the parent and child dimstyles, the ltscale, then the limits and finally runs a style generator to set up our styles to scale. I'm looking into how to set the pagesetup so that it points to the right plotter, sheetsize, scale, etc.. but "-pagesetup" isn't available on the command line like "-layer" is so i'm having a hard time finding all the pagesetup settings so I can set them within the program. Is there a list available? I can't seem to find anything about this in the help facility.

rapidcad, Aug 18, 2003
  2. rapidcad

rapidcad Guest

Thanks Gary / Dan. I'll look into these when i can get back to it - gottta get home now, gotta draft quite a bit for a few days. Then I'll try your -plot idea, and look into the vlax stuff (clueless on the extensions but i suppose it's time i get into them) - thanks again..

rapidcad, Aug 18, 2003
  3. rapidcad

jonesr Guest

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2525651&linkID=2475161

"rapidcad" <> wrote in message news:...

I've got a setup lisp that we use to pick sheet size and scale to dump in a border. It sets the dimscale within the parent and child dimstyles, the ltscale, then the limits and finally runs a style generator to set up our styles to scale. I'm looking into how to set the pagesetup so that it points to the right plotter, sheetsize, scale, etc.. but "-pagesetup" isn't available on the command line like "-layer" is so i'm having a hard time finding all the pagesetup settings so I can set them within the program. Is there a list available? I can't seem to find anything about this in the help facility.

jonesr, Aug 19, 2003
  4. rapidcad

R.K. McSwain Guest

Posted this the other day: http://tinyurl.com/kfjp

scale to dump in a border. It sets the dimscale within the
    parent and child dimstyles, the ltscale, then the limits and
    finally runs a style generator to set up our styles to
    scale. I'm looking into how to set the pagesetup so that it
    points to the right plotter, sheetsize, scale, etc.. but
    "-pagesetup" isn't available on the command line like
    "-layer" is so i'm having a hard time finding all the
    pagesetup settings so I can set them within the program. Is
    there a list available? I can't seem to find anything about
    this in the help facility.

R.K. McSwain, Aug 19, 2003
  5. rapidcad

rapidcad Guest

Well, I've got quite a bit of the routine to do what i want it to. But alas, I've run into one last stumper. I can do all the necessary vlax-put-"blah-blah" in for all conditions except one that occours if we select a "civil" scale. Because we as structural engineers measure in architectural units, we would use a "civil" scale sheet occasionally for example 1"=10'(meaning plotscale of 120 NOT 1:10). This means that I must set a custom plotscale rather than use a standard one from the list. So this forces me to do three things. #1, (vlax-put al "StandardScale" 0), #2 (vlax-put al "UseStandardScale" :vlax-false), and finally here's the stumper: How do I set the custom plotscale? I see no property for that one here. I must be looking in the wrong place for that one. Any ideas where I can access the custom plotcsale?

rapidcad, Aug 25, 2003
  6. rapidcad

DonB Guest

(vla-setCustomScale

Since I don't have a lot of experience with this, I suggest checking out the VBA help on the SetCustomScale method.

Good Luck,

Don

"rapidcad" <> wrote in message news:...

Well, I've got quite a bit of the routine to do what i want it to. But alas, I've run into one last stumper. I can do all the necessary vlax-put-"blah-blah" in for all conditions except one that occours if we select a "civil" scale. Because we as structural engineers measure in architectural units, we would use a "civil" scale sheet occasionally for example 1"=10'(meaning plotscale of 120 NOT 1:10). This means that I must set a custom plotscale rather than use a standard one from the list. So this forces me to do three things. #1, (vlax-put al "StandardScale" 0), #2 (vlax-put al "UseStandardScale" :vlax-false), and finally here's the stumper: How do I set the custom plotscale? I see no property for that one here. I must be looking in the wrong place for that one. Any ideas where I can access the custom plotcsale?

DonB, Aug 25, 2003
  7. rapidcad

rapidcad Guest

Thanks Don. It took some trial and error to come up with the proper use of this but I finally got it - thanks to your tip. the final section looks like this for those who might need this: (vla-setCustomScale al 1 re%dimscale)
    where al is a variable set to the table name of the active layout, 1 is the 1 that you'll see in the inches box and re%dimscale is a variable set to the dimscale which will evaluate to the apprporiate number in the units box.
    HTH and thanks to all..

rapidcad, Aug 25, 2003
Ask a Question