ADT2 - hp designjet 500 - printable area issue

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by dwsutphen, Jan 4, 2005.

1. dwsutphen

dwsutphen Guest

I go to plot a 24x36, landscape, arch D sheet, preview is good, border fits, margins are right, but the sheet gets shifted up between preview and plotting, cutting the top 3/4" off, leaving extra 3/4" of blank on the bottom. I use the same pc3 file for the hp 500 on another cpu in the network, and I get good results. I found when I open a .dwg file that was last setup by the cpu with issues, and go into page setup, the sheet size is shown in "printable area". 36.00 X 24.00. So, out of curiousity I go to modify "standard paper sizes" to see if the printable area is wrong, find arch D, and change nothing, because it's all set right, just click ok, and magically, the printable area changes to what it should be. 35.61 X 22.61. How can the cpu with issues not be looking for the printable area? Why is it set to the paper size, and not the printable area? It's like the thing agnoledges settings through the preview, then disregards some of them when plotting. The problem being I have to plot everything needed for the office off of my cpu because it doesn't do what I just described. My cpu using the same pc3 file works great. No issues. Good preview, good plotting. What the dilly yo. I'm just plain confused. Thanks in advance!

dwsutphen, Jan 4, 2005
Ask a Question