3Dmesh and urban plan squares

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by andre_dms, Jun 4, 2004.

1. andre_dms

andre_dms Guest

Hello,

I'm searching a routine to draw, on a 3Dmesh surface, streets and squares from a urban plan - the mesh and the urban plan have the same scale (is from the same model, but the plan is on 2D). The squares are composed of lines, arcs and poli-lines.

Thanks for your attention.

andre_dms, Jun 4, 2004
  2. andre_dms

devitg Guest

A first step will be to see the sample you have , both the 3dmesh and the urban plan
    Feel free to contact me yo

devitg, Jun 6, 2004
  3. Hi Andre,

A couple of things to watch:
    The 3D mesh will not be able to hold arcs - you will need to create enough
    chords to emulate the curved areas

The 3D mesh will be limited to 32Kb vertices.

--

Laurie Comerford
    CADApps
    www.cadapps.com.au

from a urban plan - the mesh and the urban plan have the same scale (is from
    the same model, but the plan is on 2D). The squares are composed of lines,
    arcs and poli-lines.

Laurie Comerford, Jun 8, 2004
  4. andre_dms

andre_dms Guest

Hello Laurie,

The 3D mesh that I use routinely have up to 15K vertices, and the plan, switching the arcs by straight lines over the surface, will be with no more than 5K vertices.

Sure the limit of 32K will annoy on some projects, but I need something just simple now. On more complex situations, one approach to solve this issue is break the mesh and the plan on parts with no more than 32K vertices - maybe on the creation of the mesh.

andre_dms, Jun 8, 2004
Ask a Question