Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0X0004 Exception at 766281h

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by nicks, Jun 22, 2004.

1. nicks

nicks Guest

I installed ACLT2004 in a lab of Xp machines. We run a novell network and use Zenworks and group policies. When I login as myself or a teacher, with admin rights and no security it opens just fine no problems. When I login as a student, with power user rights and additional policy settings, I get this message as soon as I try and run ACLT2004. "Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0X0004 Exception at 766281h" It seems to be during the initial first time configuration that ACLT2004 goes through after you install. I have tried to figure out what policy setting or settings could be causing this error. We cannot let the students have wide open access to XP. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts I would appreciate it.

nicks, Jun 22, 2004
  2. nicks

Ken Chan Guest

Nicks,

I understand that ZenWorks has a snap shot capability, by any chance did you
    use that? If you did did Zenworks install ACLT2004 correctly? What I mean to
    say is that AutoCAD LT 2004 will require a secondary install to populate the
    registry and the local profile for each user, could you check to see if that
    has happened after ZenWorks 'installs' the application for the user?

Ken Chan

use Zenworks and group policies. When I login as myself or a teacher, with
    admin rights and no security it opens just fine no problems. When I login as
    a student, with power user rights and additional policy settings, I get this
    message as soon as I try and run ACLT2004. "Fatal Error: Unhandled Access
    Violation Reading 0X0004 Exception at 766281h" It seems to be during the
    initial first time configuration that ACLT2004 goes through after you
    install. I have tried to figure out what policy setting or settings could be
    causing this error. We cannot let the students have wide open access to XP.
    If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts I would appreciate it.

Ken Chan, Jun 25, 2004
Ask a Question